Friday, August 29, 2008

River Walk








Kilian and I, along with our friend Danielle, finally took a walk along the river tonight. It's a path we pass almost everyday on our way onto Post and we finally decided to explore it. It was nice and quiet and just a great place to stroll! We ventured off path down to the riverbed, which was fun, until I attempted to push the jogger back up the steep incline we came down. The jogger tipped over onto it's side...as did Kilian. He was strapped in, so fared well...but was most upset about his Elmo spinner and $1 echo microphone that fell out. Once we recovered everything and made it back up to the path, we enjoyed the rest of the walk. Believe it or not, we saw many giraffes on the path. Who knew they roamed free in Kansas...ok, actually they were the imaginative product of a 2 year old and old dead trees, like the one posted, but it was a great safari adventure! We plan on frequenting the path much more as the weather cools off! Anyone know where I can rent a metal detector? I'd love to find some treasure in the riverbed! LOL.

No comments: