Saturday, August 22, 2009

Louisiana.

Kilian and I have been here for about 10 days now and I am still uncertain on my opinion...which isn't a good sign. I usually get a "yay" or "nay" feeling about places and people pretty quickly and I just don't know. We had a rough week last week getting settled in and trying to the mess of this overpriced rental house in working and liveable order....and unpacking!! So I am just going to chalk up my indecisive mood on exhaustion and stress. Matt was able to come down last weekend and we worked like mad people to get the bulk of the house unpacked...I happy to say one week after delivery...everything was unpacked and in place!! Woohoo.

Here are some highlights of the rough start- 1.Black widow infested home...which had been vacant for 6 weeks. I expected some dust and bugs and possibly the nasty poisonous spiders known to area....but I just wasn't prepared to see them. Thankfully my brave sister was with me and attacked them with hairspray, floor cleaner and a roll of weed cloth (wait, let me clarify that last one bc that does sound suspicious---you know the cloth you lay down in a garden to stop the weeds from coming up...thats the stuff!!). 2. The land WAS COMPLETELY overgrown and I WAS NOT trekking through the mess to get it cleaned up...too many unknown creepy crawlies around here. The property manager was quick to the rescue...we had the exterminator, plumber and mowers here before the HHG were delivered!! 3. The fridge was molded and smelly and the microwave had rancid food in it....infested with maggoty, gnat like flies...UGH!! Once again, poor Halee made the discovery...pretty sure she'll never come back! lol. So we did a THOROUGH cleaning...once again, before the HHG came. (This was all in two days time!)

Well, I have more to say and several more thoughts to share....I'll save some for a posting tomorrow. Stay tuned for what Kilian calls "our very own waterfall" in the backyard!

No comments: