Thursday, February 19, 2009

Volunteer of the Quarter


In the midst of deployments and making it day by day, you forget that people are watching and taking account of your efforts. I am always humbled and embarrassed for recognition of volunteer efforts and would rather just keep truckin' along. Tuesday night I was honored with many other Fort Riley folks for their volunteering in the last quarter. The certificate and crystal award were very nice!! Keep working, Keep smiling and Keep loving.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations to you! I have rarely kept track of my hours. Even with being on the OCSC board, I had a hard time remembering what I'd done and how long it took, etc. Sad. In Germany, I was invited to the volunteer dinner they held, and had no clue why...apparently, the Post Chapel had been tracking my hours as an AWANA volunteer. Not me...

Jana & Widmar said...

Congrats Erica!! You worked very hard for that! I'm happy it didn't go unnoticed :) We miss you guys and hopefully will get to see you sometime in the near future.