Wednesday, November 19, 2008

OCSC Silent Auction


So its not up to Martha Stewart standards, but at this point its the best I can do. I "sponsored" this Baker's Wreath for the Annual Centerpiece Silent Auction tomorrow....which means I put it together with my limited flow of creativity at the moment. Hoping someone will think its cute!


I had an interesting day and being as tactful as possible...I spent the morning helping out a very sad family situation on the Post, involving actions by a mother that I can just not fathom. Only to get pulled over on my way home for going 7 miles over the speed limit 100 feet from my house. I thought "God, seriously??" (not swearing, but actually expecting to hear God's booming laughter at me.) Well the officer asked for a "justifiable reason of my speed" and well, he asked, so I told him. I explained what I just had come from doing and the family's situation which led to our involvement. I just couldn't quite grasp getting "caught" speeding at 7 miles over when others do just horribly selfish thoughtless things.....he let me go with a warning.

2 comments:

Jana & Widmar said...

I love your wreath and I'm happy the cop let you go. Silly God he likes to play jokes on us sometimes :)

The Porters said...

I think your wreath is adorable. I wish I could go to the auction so I could bid on it.