
So, I HATE spiders. I consider myself a woman of usually strong constitution but those little suckers will get me every time. I was almost attacked by a "Red Jumping Spider" yes, that is it's real name. I came across him while trying to get into my car and noticed him perched uncomfortably close to my face on the roof of our other car parked in the garage (it's a tight squeeze). He came towards me in an uncannily freaky motion and really did seem he wanted to attack and jump. My rational returned after a moment of stark fear and I told myself "Silly, he is not going to jump, just go get a shoe." Well...thankfully he didn't jump, because you'd probably just be discovering me passed out cold in the garage..but I had to google it and see what it was, because I have never seen one like this before. Um, well, the bad news is...he TOTALLY COULD HAVE ATTACKED! It really was a jumping spider. I had every right to be freaked out! If I see another one in the garage I am calling someone with those horrible nasty pesticides to take them down! A warning for those who don't side on favoring these types of creepy crawlers: Don't google "images of spiders". I felt like I was going through intensive behavior therapy, looking at picture after picture of spiders! And yes there is also a "hairy jumping spider" which I hope I never ever meet!
No comments:
Post a Comment