I can honestly say I have never come across a Monday that I would entitle "A Bad Case of the Mondays" ...until today. Always hearing this term used by others describing a less than desirable series of events on a Monday usually brings me to laughter or sympathy...today it is my turn to provide you with both.
The day started out uneventful and pleasant...happy toddler in the morning, 2 hours of practicum with 21 amazing preschoolers (believe it or not I do enjoy that!) and then off to an exciting photo shoot...of just me!!...with a great friend and wonderful photographer. (Thanks in part also to the great friend who watched my son for me for 5 hours today.) All seems well you may say...just wait...the downward spiral is about to begin. One part of the shoot today was a "location" shot in someone's field...someone's very wet and very muddy field. Everything went fine despite it being a tad chilly at 45 degrees in a vintage 50's dress until we got in the van and tried to drive back. We were engulfed by the mud. Like the bottom third of the wheel under the mud. Thankfully Ali's bro-in-law was home and came to the rescue....until he got stuck too! So a third knight is shining armor was called to escort us home and save us from the walk through the woods back to her house. Wow. What a day, huh...wait. There is more.
So on my way home, I am driving down a street I am not usually on in the afternoon....just cruising along at 33 mph...which is ok in a 30 right? Um, What? Oh? Unless its a school zone at 3:55P.M....with only 5 minutes left in the "school zone mandatory 20mph period." Well, crap. I mean, thank you officer for the $150 citation.
At this point, my only goal is to make it home in one piece and remain in the safety of my house and jammies for the rest of the evening. Mission Accompl...WHAT! The dog just ate half a can of playdough and the FRG binders are still on the fritz! You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Ok. Clean up dog vomit (recently digested dog food + yellow oozy playdough) and email 5 people about informal fund regs. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. GOODNIGHT. Hello Tuesday?
(Pictures depicting the days events may be available soon!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment