Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Frosty February....or not quite!









We have had the oddest weather this month...it was 72 degrees and sunny yesterday and then we woke up to heavy, wet snow at 8am this morning...now its sunny and 50 degrees! Aside from the weather, we have jumped head first into February and are SO busy. I wake up every morning ready for it to be time to go back to bed. Last weekend we spent 2 nights at the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City for a Strong Bonds marriage retreat and it was a great time. The hotel has an indoor waterpark and MagicQuest! This coming weekend we are taking an impromptu ski trip to CO to visit one of Matt's highschool buddies...hoping his post ACL/MCL reconstruction holds up (consequence of his last ski trip 2 years ago). I have never been in the part of the US, so I am looking forward to it. I am full swing into my Practicum and counting down the weeks till its all over, just ready to be graduated already....with Matt nipping at my heels to go for my Ph.D! AH! Definitely not....right away anyway. I need a break. I am also "flocking" nightly...before you become offended or worried let me explain! lol. It is a fundraiser for the Fort Riley OCSC and we move 4 flocks of pink flamingos around on a nightly basis for the entire month, it is a GREAT money maker! Check back for CO skiing pics next week!

No comments: