Friday night we got all fancied up and attended the 3-1 "Nightmare" Ball (lovely name, I know). Despite many people not enjoying these, I love the opportunity to get all dressed up, spend time with Matt and get to know the guys he was deployed with...and have fun with the spouses who worked so hard for fundraising and keeping the households going during the deployment. Just a great time to relax and enjoy each other. People were disappointed with the food...but I think thats just to be expected in such a limited community and having to serve 300 people. (If anyone had something to complain about, it would have been me, as I had a nice large piece of plastic in my pasta sauce--prepackaged maybe?--but I tried to be as polite as possible.) The wine bottles and wine glasses I worked hard on getting put together all turned out great and I was surprised with a fabulous thank you basket (as was Bianca)-a bit embarassing to be called out but a great gift!! Music and dancing lasted till midnight and we stayed till the last minute!!
(I'll have a good pic of Matt and I once the pro pictures are finished...stay tuned!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment